After School Program from Hayes Elementary in Kennesaw
Now Also Serving Westside Elementary, A.L. Burruss Elementary, Due West Elementary and Mt. Paran Christian School!
If you are looking are for an exciting, enriching way for your child to spend the afternoons after a school day at Hayes Elementary, Westside, A.L Burruss, or Due West, send them to Foundations School for the afternoon. Foundations is only a short bus ride from Hayes (1.5 miles away), and our bus makes no other stops, so it’s quick and easy for them. Foundations provides transportation to and from these schools.
Our afterschool program includes access to:
- after school homework help
- afternoon snack
- gym sports play
- gymnastics area
- rock climbing wall
- outdoor Discovery Park play area
Benefits of Foundations ASP program include:
- 5 minute bus ride between Foundations and Hayes
- building and classrooms dedicated to elementary students (not a converted preschool room like most daycare centers provide)
- low teacher to child ratios (average 1:13 instead of the typical 1:25)
- small group size (30 or less students, instead of typical 65-100 students)
- early drop-off (as early as 6:30am, instead of earliest of 7:15am at Hayes)
- late pick-up available (as late as 6:30pm, instead of 6:00pm at Hayes)
- bus for transportation (vans are still commonly used for transportation at many places despite their extremely poor safety record)
When the students are inside a classroom, they get to use classrooms dedicated to their age group. Our ASP room is just for them, and they get to use our elementary classrooms as well, with access to the student resources, like the SMART boards. The ASP and Elementary classrooms are in a separate building just for Pre-K & Elementary students. They have time to work on homework, as well as get quiet play time indoors, and active play time indoors and outdoors.
Electronics from home are not allowed to be used until after 5:30pm, so you know your student will have time to complete their homework and will be actively engaged throughout the afternoon.
There is a registration fee of $75/year for the before and/or afterschool program. This fee is waived if the registration fee was paid for summer camp at Foundations for the summer prior to the school-year starting. The registration fee also covers the registration fee for any camp days during the school year.
The cost for before-school care is $25/week. Students will be dropped off in time for breakfast at Hayes.
The cost for after-school care is $75/week and $60/week for Westside. Send your child with an afternoon snack, or we can provide a nutritious afternoon snack for just $1/day.