We teach children to take charge of their learning – to be thinkers, challengers and wonderers.
Foundations Elementary School is a private elementary School in Kennesaw GA. We use innovative education practices to create an environment in which children’s strengths and unique learning styles are supported. We don’t teach to test. We teach to learn. We want the children to be able to understand the concepts behind the facts. How the children got to the answer can be just as important as the answer itself. We also incorporate movement throughout the day because we understand that exercise boosts brain power. We don’t confine children to rows of desks; we allow them to create their own workspace and spread out as is comfortable for them because when children are comfortable they are more apt to be involved in the learning process. We don’t know what new things children will have to learn in the future, but we do know that they will need to be competent problem solvers. We believe that the world’s challenges can be solved with openness, inspiration, innovation, invention and entrepreneurialism.
Located on Stanley Road in Kennesaw, Foundations elementary school program provides a challenging and fun approach to curriculum that focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) as well as traditional courses language arts and social studies.
Foundations curriculum is very individualized and is derived from various baseline assessments allowing teachers to customize the learning path and curriculum for each student based on their academic needs and interest. This emphasis on learning allows students the freedom to create their own comfortable workspaces, incorporate movement and collaborate with children of all ages throughout the day.
A number of teaching programs and aids are used to support the elementary school curriculum including:
- Guided Reading
- Writing Workshop
- Words Their Way spelling
- Investigations in Number, Data, and Space (Pearson)
- Grades K-5 – ICanLearn Math- Grades 5/6 (and advanced math students)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) is used to select real world topics
- Relevant topics are selected based on the current STEM projects being studied. Students learn about their world (past and current events) through field trips, expert interviews, and guest speakers.
The elementary school curriculum is further supplemented with enrichment classes in both art and Spanish and optional extracurricular courses. The extracurricular activities are taught after school each week on a fee basis and include gymnastics, soccer, dance, martial arts, cooking and fine art.
In addition, students may receive additional on-campus instruction from private tutors or instructors to further their individual interests and talents with permission from administration.
Elementary School Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Grades: Kindergarten through Sixth Grade
Meet the Teachers
To be considered as a prospective student, please follow the process below:
- Schedule an initial tour of the school. Allow for about 1 hour. During this tour, our Admissions Director will show you the facility and discuss your family’s expectations for learning and development and FFTF’s ability to meet those needs.
- Submit Part I of the Enrollment Application, the Teacher Evaluation Form and transcript from prior school (1st – 6thgrade only). Submit the Application Fee of $75 per child (non-refundable).
- Schedule a time for your child to tour the school and to complete and interview/observation with our Elementary Director. During this observation time, your child will be participating with the class and teachers. Please allow 2-3 hours for this observation.
- Because we accept on a rolling basis, you will be notified of acceptance into the program or waiting list within one week of completing your observation. Within one week of acceptance, complete Part II of the Enrollment Application and submit to Admissions Director along with the $425 Supplies/Materials fee. (Space will be released if application is not completed within one week of acceptance date.) It is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the applicant to ensure all steps are completed and materials are submitted to the Admissions Office.
- The Admissions Director and Elementary Director will review recommendations from academic teacher(s) from the applicant’s current school.
- The Admissions Director and Elementary Director will review student conduct records.
- The Elementary Director will assess the student during the observation to determine if the student will be a good fit for our program on educational, behavior and social/emotional levels.
- FFTF admits students of any gender, race, color and national origin with all rights, privileges, programs and activities accorded or made available.
Admissions Decisions and Conditions
Foundations reserves the right to deny acceptance to an applicant based on assessment of the needs of the applicant and our determination as to whether we can meet those needs. Students are admitted on an annual basis with the school year beginning in August. In January, families are invited to re-enroll for the following school year and given a priority registration time period prior to open enrollment.
Foundations for the Future is a privately owned educational facility in Kennesaw GA. Our goal, as a school, is to provide the best education, facilities, amenities and highly qualified staff while implementing the newest educational techniques proven to improve the quality of your child’s learning experience.
Foundations is accredited by both the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI) now Advanc-Ed and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). These accreditations ensure both quality of services and the continual evolution of our environment and teaching methods. Families may pay tuition annually and receive a 5% discount or pay monthly on the first of each month.
Application Fee: $75 (w/application)
Supplies Deposit: $425 (upon acceptance)
10 Monthly Payments
K-6th School Day
Before/After School Care (6:30 am – 6:30 pm)
Hot Lunch Program (School Day Only AM snack & lunch)
Full Day Meal Program (Breakfast, AM & PM Snack & Lunch)
- All workbooks and text books
- Specialist taught classes daily (Art, Spanish, PE)
- Daily Nutritious Snacks
- Low Teacher to Child Ratios (1 degreed teacher for every 10-12 children)
- Progressive Teaching Approach: promotes cognitive and creative abilities
- Multi-Age Classrooms: reinforces core concepts & allows learning at own pace
- Daily Emailed Discovery Reports w/pictures & description of the day
- Field Trips to supplement learning – typically offered once per month
- Parent Conferences twice each school year
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Gymnastics, Ballet, Martial Arts, Soccer, Cooking Class
All tuition and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable once paid. Enrollment fee is due within 10 days of notification of acceptance decision in order to complete the enrollment process, or space will be forfeited.
Limited financial assistance is available to families who qualify and is funded by the owners and scholarship donations. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please see the admission office for application procedures.
Where Your Tuition Dollars Go: