RE: One of two “specialist taught” subjects included in Foundations tuition – children receive in-depth Spanish instruction every week.
El Programa (The Program)
Children are introduced to Spanish in a fun-filled immersion setting. Through a developmentally-appropriate curriculum, children will learn Spanish the natural way – through hearing, doing, repeating and playing. The classes are organized around themes that are part of a child’s daily life such as colors, numbers, animals, and gradually increasing in complexity and themes.
(Included in tuition)
Las Clases (The Classes)
- Chiquititos (The little ones) Ages 0-4
For the infants and toddlers, we will focus on improving their oral proficiency as well as moving into basic sight words via music, visuals, and simple repetition.
- Grandes (The older ones)
Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade We will to review the basic concepts and ideas as well as transitioning into the oral and written components of the language by forming simple sentences/expressions and vocabulary involving friends and family, going places, expressing emotions and descriptive words. We will also learn about aspects of Hispanic cultures.
Los Beneficios (The Benefits)
Children who learn a foreign language beginning in early childhood demonstrate cognitive advantages over children who do not:
- Read sooner than monolingual children
- Become better problem solvers
- Tend to be more creative
- Score higher on standardized tests
- Experience advanced mental development
- Develop a deeper understanding of their own and other cultures
- Have access to a greater number of colleges and/or career opportunities
- Most often speak the second language with native pronunciation