Day camps give kids the opportunity to play in a way some rarely do in their own neighborhoods or school settings these days. Day camps take children away from computers, TV, and other high-tech devices, swapping them for conversation, fun, and games in a new and educational setting. With so many options available, choosing the right day camps for your children can be overwhelming. We’ve included six key factors to look for when making your decision:
- Staff To Child Ratio: How big is the setting? How many teachers will there be per child each day? Depending on the age of your child, the child to teacher ratio could range from 1:15 – 1:25.
- Safety: What plan does the camp follow during emergencies? For severe weather? What precautions does the camp take to ensure the safety of all children? Unfortunately accidents and emergencies do happen, and being knowledgeable about the camp’s process will leave you feeling confident about your child’s care.
- Schedules: Do you have to commit for the entire week, or is there flexibility to attend on an as needed, or daily basis? Many camps require commitment for the entire camp session, so be sure to ask if you only need a few days of care.
- Staff Qualifications: What credentials do the camp teachers have? Do they have current CPR & First Aid certifications? Along with the required state training, look for a camp that coaches teachers on positive behavior management, engaging content and parent communication.
- Location: How far is this camp located from my home? From my workplace? Finding a day camp that is close to your home or workplace is ideal for most families.
- Scheduled Events: What kind of activities and events does this camp host? Do they change weekly? Are the costs included in the weekly rate or an additional fee? How far do they travel? Many camps travel each week to different offsite locations for field trips.
- Reviews: What do online reviews say about the camp? Look up reviews on the program across popular rating sites: Yelp and Kudzu.
- Enrollment: How many families enrolled have previously attended? Look for a camp that has a high return rate, which indicates satisfaction for parents & enjoyment for children.
At Foundations School, we have school year day camps and summer day camp options available to families in the Kennesaw area. Our next camp will be during Cobb County Schools Spring Break, April 3rd – 7th. A few benefits of our program are below:
- Staff To Child Ratio: Our day camp programs operate on an average 1:13 ratio, for children ages 5 – 12.
- Schedules: We offer flexible scheduling options, allowing families to sign up only for days needed vs. making a commitment for the entire week.
- Safety: All of our staff takes part in monthly fire drills, twice yearly tornado drills, and annual emergency preparedness training. Teachers also receive training on emergency situations such as injuries and allergies/asthma.
- Staff Qualifications: All of our teachers hold current CPR & First Aid certifications, as well as required state training courses. Over 75% of our camp staff have degrees in education & current teaching certificates in the state of Georgia. We also host onsite training three times a year, where the focus is on our school policies and philosophy.
- Location: Foundations School is located in Kennesaw, GA, near the intersection of Old 41 & Barrett Parkway.
- Scheduled Events: 90% of our camp weeks include an onsite field trip from local educational resources such as the Chattahoochee Nature Center and Center For Puppetry Arts. The other 10% of our field trips are local within a 10 minute radius of our school and include both Kennesaw Mountain & Sparkles. Hosting the majority of our field trips onsite, reduces the amount of transportation related concerns, and maximizes safety and educational learning time.
- Reviews: Families most often leave reviews of our program on the following sites: Kudzu, Yelp, and Google Plus.
- Enrollment: We have an average return rate of 75%, and many of our families attend days each camp week.
If you would like more information about Foundations For The Future Creative Child Care and School near Marietta, GA and Kennesaw, GA, please contact us by email at [email protected], via telephone at 770-429-4799, or on our website. You can also take a visual tour of our facility and even schedule a tour with our Admission Director here.