Coronavirus | COVID-19
At Foundations for the Future, health and safety is our top priority, especially during this time. We continue to follow all required regulations, in addition to our own modifications, to improve the health and safety of our environment. We are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): CDC Childcare and K-12 Guidance to guide our decisions.
Health, Safety and Prevention Procedures
- We have put a new air sanitizer unit in the common area of each building, scientifically shown to kill viruses like SARS (similar in size and type to coronavirus).
- We are using EPA approved chemicals and sanitizing throughout the day, from door handles and other hard surfaces, to toys and furnishings..
- We have reduced as many touch points as possible. Our administrative team is checking in families so they do not need to use the touch screen. We prop open doors where feasible and safe so you do not need to touch door handles.
- We are sanitizing outdoor play equipment, and indoor play equipment in the gym, after each group of children.
- We operate our classes in groups of ten or less (total teachers and students). We will not combine classroom groups in the early morning and late evening.
- Open Gym time will not combine different groups of the same age. Each group will have separate open gym times, but still on their same gym day. The gym touchpoints and equipment will be sanitized in between groups.
- We are using both buildings, even though we do not necessarily need to with reduced attendance, because we want to space our interactions out even more.
- We are shortening teacher shifts so that we can eliminate breaks from the schedule, so that we do not have to bring in a different teacher to interact with the children during a teacher’s scheduled break.
- All students, parents, and staff have their temperature taken at the front desk with a no-touch thermal forehead scanner, at drop-off as well as when adults picking up arrive. We are excluding anyone with a temperature over 100.4. We are additionally excluding any child or staff with coughing or shortness of breath. They must be absent for a minimum of seven days in addition to fever free for the last three days of the seven days. If they have a fever in the last three days of the seven days, it extends their absence time an additional day for each day of fever.
- Drop off and pick up of students will occur at the door of the child’s classroom. Parents and siblings of students are not allowed to enter the classroom.
- Music, Yoga,and Spanish classes are being done by video and used in the classroom.
- Staff and children are participating in extra hand washing throughout the day, above our already high standards.
- Snacks and meals are being plated out of reach of the children, and then served to the table, instead of family style dining, where the items are available on the table for children to serve themselves.
- Elementary students will eat in their classroom, instead of the gym dining area.
- All extracurricular classes are cancelled until further notice.
- We are not allowing drop-in care for anyone not currently enrolled or a sibling of an enrolled student.
- New students may only enroll if no one in their family has been ill in the past fourteen days, and if they comply with all other health and safety procedures and policies.
- Toys have been removed from the childcare lobby.
- Cloth toys have been removed from the classrooms.