Facility Design and Technology Use
Conveniently located in Kennesaw GA, on Stanley Road, Foundations School is a place you and your child will want to come every day. The atmosphere and environment of the entire four acre campus school including exterior play and adventure areas, reduces stress and enhances the learning experience.
The campus includes two 14,000 sq.ft. buildings – a Childcare building and an Elementary & Gym building. Some of their unique features include:
- Home life areas with cooking centers and dining bar for small group lessons or snacks
- Art room & mobile computer lab
- Elementary and pre-school libraries
- Four distinct playground areas, each age appropriate for a different stage
- 6000 sq. ft indoor gymnasium equipped with rock wall, in-ground trampoline, foam pit, gymnastics equipment and basketball court
- One covered area can be enclosed and heated on cold days and has a padded floor
- The larger covered area has room for scooter and trike riding all year round
- Discovery Park and nature trail area for older children – a National Wildlife Federation certified wildlife habitat
- All classrooms have windows for natural lighting and access directly to the outdoor fenced play areas
- Fully mirrored dance studio for tap, ballet and modern dance lessons
- and much more…
The facilities and recreational areas are also utilized for after-school play and extracurricular activities such as dance, soccer, gymnastics, cooking classes, fine arts and martial arts.
“We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist, using technologies that haven’t yet been invented, in order to solve problems we don’t even know are problems yet.” Karl Fisch, educator
Technology plays a vital role in teaching our students through a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) based curriculum and is important to daily communications with parents. Technology is used to provide real-time reporting to our parents and teaching in every level of the school. Our technology provides access to cutting edge web-based programs and information as they become available.
- Infants – Preschool
Technology is used by the teachers to communicate with parents such as using computers and cameras to send out daily Discovery Reports
Have interactive SMART boards in their classrooms that teachers use to offer lessons that enhance all subjects, but they are also for student use as well (not just teacher presentation).
Uses a mobile iPad and laptop lab that has 13 units allowing each student in a class to use the technology at the same time. These resources are shared among the three classrooms as needed while the older grades use them daily for research, math curriculum, and presentation of learning. With Foundations commitment to STEM-based curriculums, technology will continue to play an important role in the school.