Since opening in 2004, Foundations For The Future School has maintained steady growth and expansion, in an industry that is often filled with numerous options for families. The teachers and administrative staff at Foundations work diligently to create a school environment where children feel comfortable and enjoy learning, parents feel confident in their child’s care and daily exploration, and where great teachers invest in their careers.
Over the past 13 years, the staff and administration at Foundations has maintained the highest level of accreditation available to child development centers through NAEYC and Advanc-ed. Both accrediting agencies employ standards that are based on research of the development and education of young children. These standards were created with input from experts and educators from around the country and help to ensure the highest level of care available. Not only are the standards focused on the care of children enrolled, the standards also focus on a safe and healthful environment. These standards ensure that centers provide appropriate and well-maintained indoor and outdoor physical environments, as well as equipment and materials to facilitate child and staff learning and development.
Four nearby child development centers have closed permanently in the last few months. After 13 years of operations, we are confident in saying that each year is better than the last at Foundations For The Future School. We are proud to be the only school in the Kennesaw area with experience in offering creative, interest-based curriculum to keep students of all ages engaged in their learning experience. We monitor new developments in brain science and education to supplement our teaching methods and we continue to invest in our school environment and our community of families.
In 2016 and early 2017, Foundations For The Future School enhanced many of the onsite facilities and programs offered. Enhancements Include:
- Expanded Observation tower in Nature Area
- Regraded and sodded 150x 60 ft toddler playground/sprinklers for summer play outdoors
- Added an ASP bus transfer option for parents with siblings in nearby schools
- Campus construction as well as the children’s play house on front porch of childcare building
- New “Tadpoles” app for parent pictures and updates daily
- Repaved/repainted parking lot
- New playground, gym and classroom intercom system for improved communication of school-wide announcements, as well as enhanced alerts in emergency situations
- Acoustical sound-reduction carpet installed on the walls in the Bettas Pre-K center classroom, to soften the sound environment.
- New SMART Board installation in an elementary classroom
As we recently learned of the unexpected closures of two local Sunshine House locations, Foundations For The Future School in Kennesaw would like to warmly welcome the families and teachers to come visit our facility. We are located in Kennesaw, about 5 miles south of the Acworth Sunshine House Location. Foundations provides childcare for children six weeks old through preschool, private Pre-K, private Kindergarten through 6th grade with a fantastic and active after-school program, and before and after-school transportation to and from Hayes Elementary school.
We welcome you to come visit Foundations School, and we hope we can help you find a new home here in our community of people who are passionate about great care and education. Please call us at 770-429-4799 or use our online tour calendar to schedule a tour.