Our system of teaching is in a state of continual improvement, always evolving to keep up with needs in the world around us
Why are we Innovators?
Innovation is a continual process of implementation, evaluation and change. If there is one thing that we can be certain of in the future, it is that our children will experience a different world with different demands than we did when we were growing up. The world is changing and evolving so quickly that we can no longer design a “system” which we believe will be successful for 10 or 20 years. No business will survive if they do not innovate and no individual will be able to ensure success unless they can capitalize on new innovative methods.
How do we anticipate what skills our children will need in 20 years? The answer is we can’t. But what we can do is develop an education system that teaches the ability to be creative, embrace change and support continual learning. If our children have these qualities they will thrive regardless of the skills required. The method of teaching itself, as well as all the support factors such as environment must also evolve. We are continually learning more about how the mind and body develop. As educators we must continually improve our methods to ensure optimal learning at every age.
Foundations School is an innovator because we believe this is the determining factor for success in the coming decades. The early years of learning determine 80% a child’s learning and thinking patterns, thus we must be successful from birth rather than waiting until high school or college. If we can encourage development of optimal foundational thinking of skills, the gathering of new knowledge for a life time will be ensured.
How do we innovate?
- We provide the highest quality care available for children and maintain several of the Nation’s top accreditations.
- We have a custom designed facility that works with teachers to create a low stress environment highly conducive to learning.
- We maintain extremely low teacher to child ratios to ensure lots of individual attention for each student and more time “dive deep” when interest develops.
- We attract excellent, innovative educators that are passionate about doing education right.
- We work in multi-age group environments when appropriate to help students demonstrate understanding of complex concepts.
At Foundations you will find that every area of the school has been created with innovative ideas to optimize the results we obtain and the value we deliver to students, parents and teachers.