Foundations School started as an interest based, nationally accredited childcare and learning center for infants, toddlers & preschoolers in 2004. Demand for prek and elementary age groups led to the recent addition of the elementary school gym building in 2011. Our progressive teaching style for all ages means we have low ratios; focused integrated STEM subject matter; brain-based learning and child initiated project work.
Daycare, Childcare, and Private Elementary School Overview
- Curriculum: Our child daycare center curriculum balances care and nurturing with engaging activities built around the children’s interest. As they progress into the upper school, the elementary school interest based curriculum adds a balance of technology, movement, creativity and focused topic times to meet acedemic goals through in-depth projects and hands-on exploration.
- Facility: The Foundations School facility is spread across a beautiful four acre campus and includes two buildings designed from the ground up to enhance learning and promote the school’s “Move to Learn” philosophy. Its classrooms are spacious with natural lighting and comfortable furniture. There are multiple interesting activity areas throughout the campus such as:
- Full kitchens in each building – one used for student cooking lessons
- A natural exploration nature area with a climbing tree house for a bird’s eye viewpoint
- An indoor gym outfitted with an in-ground trampoline, foam pit, rock wall and multi-sport court used during classes and after for extracurricular activities.
- Several outdoor playgrounds, two covered and one even heated for daily outdoor time.
- Libraries in each building –students can choose for class and home (Volunteer readers too!)
- Research: Research concludes that when children are motivated naturally through their own interest, their learning is more comprehensive and concrete. Everything we do at Foundations, as a childcare center and as a progressive Elementary School, is geared to develop each child’s internal curiosity and motivation to learn. These are the foundational platforms we are losing in traditional school systems. Traits necessary to propel your child toward future success. We believe it’s never too early to begin the process, thus we begin with infants & continue to middle school, providing a solid foundation for learning for the rest of their lives.
Experience the Difference
Foundations is proud of its outstanding contribution as a childcare center and Elementary School in our community. Please call today to schedule a tour. We are located in Kennesaw, near Acworth & Marietta GA.